[Samba] domain-based DFS ?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jun 29 15:40:04 MDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-29 at 23:19 +0200, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
> On 28.06.2014 09:38, Davor Vusir wrote:
> > Domainbased DFS works.
>
> How? I can only find descriptions for stand-alone DFS, no mention of
> domainbased DFS in Samba anywhere. It works with SYSVOL, but it seems to
> be impossible to configure own DFS names like this.

+1
sysvol and and netlogon work on the DC as:
\\domain\sysvol
but not if we add our own share.

But we don't want to use the DC as a file server anyway. Only server
name dfs is possible anywhere else but even then it only works for the
first server specified.

Do we have any guidelines as to what to expect for dfs on samba?
Thanks,
Steve