[Samba] about samba failover

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:30:59 MDT 2014

http://www.kutukupret.com/2011/06/28/postfix-one-way-maildir-replication-backup-using-inotify-and-rsync/
)

http://blog.remibergsma.com/2012/09/09/building-a-redundant-pair-of-linux-storage-servers-using-drbd-and-heartbeat/
> I actually use this with 2 xen servers 10.10.20.2 and 10.10.20.3
> It creates a virtual ip 10.10.20.1 that holds the NFS whatever server is
on (with server1 prefered).
> Servers are connected through a direct ethernet link via Gigabit NICs
(that is used for the HA communication) and a 20G RAID1 array is actually
used to store common files between servers (dhcpd.conf, bind9 files) for
basic HA functions.
> I was thinking to use another network RAID1 array for Samba files but
haven't tried it right now.
> I'll let you know, but I now feel confident about the data integrity
(RAID1).
> Nicolas

Sorry for the elaborated non-related discussion. I hope it gave you
something though.

Looking forward to read the successtory.

Good luck
Davor