[Samba] Permission issue writing to demo share

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Jun 28 07:04:00 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 22:03 +0200, Lars Hanke wrote:

> The file server question is more complex. I'd really like to have my
> Synology NAS do all the gory stuff. But it runs 3.6.6. Don't know
> whether Synology plans to update DSM. The NFSv4 support is even worse.

Hi
Just trying to get a better idea of what your setup is.

Is the the same NAS as in your recent synology thread? If so, there's
still a -d10 log pending so we can answer the file server question.

Is this dc as a file server an interim solution? Is hardware an issue
here because you have a lot of data and a lot of users? I ask since I
know that the DC doesn't do well with load. A few users are OK but scale
it up and have a lot of requests and it just doesn't go even if you have
really good hw. An actual fs however runs fine even on poor hw.

HTH
Steve