[Samba] Samba 4.1.8 Importing automountmap ldif entries from existing OpenLDAP setup or ?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Jun 27 14:21:55 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:34 -0700, Jefferson Davis wrote:
> So, I have a test domain set up with rfc2307 = yes .
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out if a) my nfs automount data came over from OpenLDAP, and b) if not, how to get it into samba 4's ldap, or something else??? Do I need to rethink my approach?
>
> Mount locations are pretty consistent based on primary group/userid
>
> Needs to work on Linux.
>
> Existing entries look like this...
>
> # /u, auto.master, standard.k12.ca.us
> dn: cn=/u,ou=auto.master,dc=standard,dc=k12,dc=ca,dc=us
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: automount
> cn: /u
> automountInformation: ldap:ou=auto_data,dc=standard,dc=k12,dc=ca,dc=us
>
> # /net, auto.master, standard.k12.ca.us
> dn: cn=/net,ou=auto.master,dc=standard,dc=k12,dc=ca,dc=us
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: automount
> cn: /net
> automountInformation: file:/etc/auto.net
>

> # jdavis, auto_data, standard.k12.ca.us
> dn: cn=jdavis,ou=auto_data,dc=standard,dc=k12,dc=ca,dc=us
> objectClass: automount
> cn: jdavis
> automountInformation: -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,nodev,nosuid,nolock,noatime,rsize=
> 32768,wsize=32768 scale.standard.k12.ca.us:/fs0/shares/Staff/jdavis

Hi
We cover the autofs possibilities for AD here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/samba4-autofs-with-rfc2307bis-schema.html

Whilst the method will be the same for extending the schema, the classes
and attributes you need for your schema are different but listed in the
same link. I'm guessing, but converting your ldifs into something either
rfc2307bis or nis can understand should be easy enough. BTW, if you can
convert to the nis schema, Samba4 already has that built in.
Good luck,
Steve