[Samba] Missing features, RLY?!? & readme1st again

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Jun 27 14:05:39 MDT 2014

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Does_Samba_support_trust_relationship_with_AD.3F

>> - winbind does not work on DCs, use a separate file server.
> My AD DCs are the dedicated DC server, no file sharing. so I run S4 with
> the default smb.conf(no changes).
> I don't see any issues. If you do file sharing on DC, it's another story.

You don't need to have the accounts locally if you have an Samba AD.
Winbind, Nslcd and sssd are optional - just if you require to have
user/group mappings local or have other local services that requires it.
But Samba DC can run without.

Regards,
Marc