[Samba] Permission issue writing to demo share

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Fri Jun 27 11:17:56 MDT 2014

Am 27.06.2014 19:03, schrieb Rowland Penny:
>> I think to remember that it is not required for file share users to
>> have login permission to the file server. Am I wrong?
> Do you have any unix users, if not, then no, but you still need 'acl'

I have much more unix users than Win users and I'm currently trying to
figure out how to set up the new infrastructure. Dropping NFS is at
least an option - has pros and cons as all other options as well.

About the ACL stuff:

getfacl /srv/files/shares/Demo/
# file: srv/files/shares/Demo/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

But from a POSIX perspective AD\Administrator = 3000000 should have been
denied writing as well according to those ACL.

root at samba:/# ls -la /srv/files/shares/Demo
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 root    root  35 Jun 27 14:24 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root    root  17 Jun 13 13:19 ..
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 3000000 users 32 Jun 27 14:24 Erstellt von Admin.txt

So, if this is an ACL or NSS issue, this at least doesn't explain itself.

Regards,
  - lars.