[Samba] Permission issue writing to demo share

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Fri Jun 27 06:42:09 MDT 2014

I created a demo share on my AD DC. After obtaining a copy of Win7
Ultimate I could now verify that the share has all rights granted to
anyone (don't know how Windoze call "Jeder" in English).

I can read and write the Share using AD\Administrator. AD\StandardUser
can mount the share and read, what the Administrator put there. But he
cannot create or modify files.

AD\StandardUser was created using samba-tool following the Wiki Howto.

Is there a howto to systematically troubleshoot permission stuff? I fear
it won't be my last time lost in AD.

Regards,
  - lars.