[Samba] Join AD fails DNS update

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Thu Jun 26 10:19:32 MDT 2014

Hi Steve,

 >> I'd love this -D verbosity on named syslogs. This would help to figure
>> out, what samba actually sends. I'll experiment with the '-d' option
>> tonight.

Unfortunately -d 100 doesn't make named any more verbose. I'm already
imagining me hooking up a gdb. Didn't do that for at leat 5 years ...

> I don't think the join does much apart from add an A record for the
> machine:

Yes, but it obviously ties this to conditions, which fail to verify. And
no-one seems to have an idea, which conditions this would be.
Unfortunately your syslog does not disclose any details of successful
prerequisite processing.