[Samba] Samba4 samba-tool dns command don't work

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jun 26 03:06:34 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 10:03 +0200, sr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am following from SambaWiki the Howto "Join a domain as a DC" and I
> have some problem with the internal DNS.

I think the wiki is for older versions. For 4.1.8, we had to revert to a
backup of the existing dc and reset krb5.conf before the new join.
Remove the whole of the /samba directory and perform a new make install
on the dc to be joined. After the join there are additional steps that
are required:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/samba4-dc-replication-on-ubuntu.html
HTH
Steve