[Samba] about samba failover

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jun 26 02:27:08 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 10:18 +0200, Daniel Müller wrote:
> Drbd does work for Samba3!
> DFs in Samba does not replicate data. It just does something like, if server
> X/share is not there use server Y/share.
>
> Greetings Daniel

Hi Thanks
That's no problem, we'll do the replication of the data. What we'd like
is what windows has. You can specify \\domain\dfs\share and it finds a
server in the domain with the share. Really easy. I suppose it's a
nightmare to code though, if it can be done at all. Do we have anything
like that in samba?
Cheers,
Steve