[Samba] about samba failover

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:55:31 MDT 2014

Dear Nicolas,

1st of all.
There are 2 question in your statement.
1. AD DC Fail over (Only Domain Controller function with SysVol)
You cannot use any cluster files system on this, since we are still having
issue with CTDB working on AD DC.
You can only have 2 x AD DC (Sync Sysvol with Rsync)
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication

-- This have been an argument for long.
Some users say Cluster replicated files system work (Provided that there is
only ONE DC is writing Sysvol on always)
Else it will cause some issue on sysvol. (I've personally had this...)

2. Domain member files server
You MUST use CTDB + other cluster files system to run this.
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Clustered_Samba

If you run 2 Samba without CTDB, even with cluster files system it will
just corrupted the open files.

Hope this help.