[Samba] samba4 migration

Pascal Legrand pascal.legrand at univ-orleans.fr
Thu Jun 26 00:36:19 MDT 2014

Hello

> When you install from backports, all of samba is installed and yes it
> starts (or tries to start) samba, but as at this point you haven't done
> the required setup, the 'samba' daemon does not start, only 'smbd' &
> 'nmbd' and it starts pretty much as a standalone server.

By "required setup", you mean just after install make "classicUpgrade"?
That means as long as i dont make clasicUpgrade, my samba4 server is a
nt4 style domain controller ?

By standalone server you mean nt4 style domain controller?

in fact what is the differences between dc pdc standalone controller etc..

Thanks for your help

--
Pascal