[Samba] Win2K8 as DC in a samba4 environment

Iñigo Martinez Lasala imartinez at vector-ignite.com
Wed Jun 25 11:30:08 MDT 2014

Good morning.

At this moment we run a samba4 domain with five linux DC under 4.1.7
version. However, due to some poor designed apps our LDAP is suffering a
lot of querys that raises CPU at 100% for minutes. Performance is poor
and we think that a native Windows native DC would not suffer this
problem due to a better index management and/or optimization at LDAP
service.

So, the question is, is it possible having a Win2K8 as a DC controller
in a samba4 environment? Is safe? Has anybody experienced with this
scenario?

--
Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Vector Ignite