[Samba] Simple: change user passwort and password policy

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Wed Jun 25 08:08:41 MDT 2014

Hi Gregor

> I seting up a samba4 server for testing. With the Remote Server Administration Tools I could manage to create users and policys.
>
> When I try to change a password for my testusers, I get an emergency about the password policy. But in the domain group policy it isn't set?

Currently the password policy setting through GPO is not supported
(there are some patches that went through the mailing list and should
fix this in a later release I think).

For the time being, you have to change the policy domain wide with the
samba-tool commande line :

    sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --complexity=off
    sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --history-length=x
    sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --min-pwd-age=x
    sudo samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --max-pwd-age=x

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon