[Samba] Join AD fails DNS update

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 25 01:47:25 MDT 2014

for kerberos to work you need to have a A and PTR record aka good working dns setup.

but if you only need  kerberos for auth on a server, and you dont want to do a domain join.
This is a good example to look in to, which i can tell works very good.
https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/18332/zarafa-outlook-amp-webaccess-sso-with-samba4

Louis