[Samba] Win 8.1 logout issues on samba 4.1.8

setarator setarator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:57:57 MDT 2014

Hello.

Here is my trouble. I have my notebook connected to nt-style domain after
register fix same as in win7:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Parameters]
DWORD DomainCompatibilityMode 1
DWORD DNSNameResolutionRequired 0

I can connect with any issues, mount drives etc. As soon as I try to log
out, win8.1 is doing it faster than samba server, so I can see files locked
via smbstatus. It takes 10-15seconds after windows log out to end this
process on samba. However, when I try to shut down or reboot system the
samba process for this pc won't close at all or after very long time. And
than if I try to login it'll fail and make local user instead. It's very
annoying. On other computers with WinXP and Win7 everything works fine. It
looks like Win8.1 is still doing sth after user is logged out and system is
on logon screen.

I've got notebook with Windows 8.1 pro x64 and Samba 4.1.8 installed on SLE
11 SP3.
Here is my smb.conf.

[global]
    workgroup = trend
    netbios name = apteka
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    printcap cache time = 750
    cups options = raw
    map to guest = Bad User
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    logon drive = P:
    usershare allow guests = No
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s
/bin/false %m$
    domain logons = Yes
    domain master = Yes
    dos charset = CP1250
#    local master = Yes
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
    log level = 2
    os level = 66
    preferred master = Yes
    security = user
    unix charset = utf-8
    wins support = Yes
    max log size = 100
    smb ports = 445
    disable netbios = Yes

I've tried every solution which I found but nothing works. I will be glad if
someone help me out with this problem.

Thanks,
Tom