[Samba] Active Directory 'add machine script' parameter

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:22:32 MDT 2014

On 23/06/14 13:05, Quentin Gibeaux wrote:
> On 23/06/2014 12:27, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> Just what else are you likely to what to do after adding a machine
>> account?
> Adding hostname/ip in some list that is used by my interface to manage
> static dhcp leases and accesses. This interface doesn't manage only
> machines that are added to the domain, that's why it's not listing by
> requesting ldap.

Are you wanting/trying to add machines dns details to AD DNS for
machines that are not joined to the domain ??
If so, I cannot recommend doing this, the only machines that should be
in AD, are machines joined to the domain

> So in fact, what i was doing was calling my script with %I (ip
> address) and %u (user, but here hostname) to work with my backend.

If on the other hand, you are not doing what I think you are doing, you
could try scripting around 'samba-tool dns', see 'samba-tool dns --help'
for more info.

Rowland