[Samba] posix gid mapping of built-in groups

Henrik Langos hlangos-samba at innominate.com
Mon Jun 23 05:32:42 MDT 2014

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the link. I've seen your scripts before and it was on my
todo list to check it out and maybe even update the wiki
with a reference to it: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication

However, my problem arises from not having Windows AD groups mapped to
the same posix uidnumber on all AD DCs, not from having changes made on
different DCs.

Is there a down side to providing posix gid numbers to all AD built-in
groups?
Does anybody have experience with that approach?

cheers
-henrik