[Samba] Active Directory 'add machine script' parameter

Quentin Gibeaux qgibeaux at iris-tech.fr
Mon Jun 23 04:08:53 MDT 2014

On 23/06/2014 11:34, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 23/06/14 10:08, Quentin Gibeaux wrote:
>>
>> Has it been remove or not ported to samba ad-dc ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Quentin Gibeaux.
> A quick answer to your questions would be no and yes ;-)
>
> No, it hasn't been removed, but it will only work if you set samba4 up
> in 'classic' mode. If you upgrade to an AD domain, you need to use the
> 'net' command (or similar) to join your Unix machines to the domain.
>
> Rowland

It was a good way to trigger something after adding a machine to the
domain… In fact i was doing some stuff with my dhcp server to add
leases, and save dns entries of this new machine.
I think we can do that with 'net', but are there any other trigger that
can be exploited to automaticaly do something after that samba has added
a machine ?

Thanks,

Quentin Gibeaux.