[Samba] samba 3.6 ldap: changing from posixGroups to groupOfNames

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Mon Jun 23 02:57:19 MDT 2014

Hi everybody,

we have been running samba with LDAP for years using posixGroups to
store and manage group information, but now we would need to change to
groupOfNames objectclass in order to accomplish other applications
requirements.

We have found a way to do the change (creating a new instance and import
data) but we are not sure if samba 3.6 will manage groupOfNames
objectclass, and if it does what changes we need to do in configurations
files and so on.

Anybody can help us with this?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
UPC - Terrassa (Barcelona)

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,