[Samba] Random Password

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Jun 21 10:51:14 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 20:21 +0400, henri transfert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A basic question : when creating a user with "samba-tool user create" , if
> I use the --random-password option how do I know the password that has been
> randomly generated ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Henri

I don't think you can. The kdc holds only the key which has been derived
from the password. Using a random password is useful for users who e.g.
need to run a service which starts at boot. If your users are human
beings who need to type in a password, give them passwords which they
can type.
HTH
Steve