[Samba] Howto migrate shares from samba 3 / ADUC changing uid/uidnumber when activating UNIX (posix) attributes

Henrik Langos hlangos-samba at innominate.com
Wed Jun 18 11:26:24 MDT 2014

On 06/18/14 17:30, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
>> My current Samba server is a stand alone Samba 3 server (security = user)
>> with the user information stored in LDAP.
>> I think the classic-upgrade only works if you have a NT4 Domain, doesn't it?
>> In my case there is no prior domain.
> if your samba3 server act as a PDC, it's a Nt4 domain.

My samba3 does not act as a PDC. Samba in this case is a standalone
file server.

Anyway, the other reasons I stated for wanting a fresh install instead
of messing around with the old machine still remain valid.
Thus I will not attempt the classic upgrade way.
But thank you for the effort!

cheers
-henrik