[Samba] Samba 4.0.10 update

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Jun 18 10:57:33 MDT 2014

Am 18.06.2014 16:43, schrieb Omar Anwar Zaher:
> The wiki should help guide you. Any issues post back.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba
>
> Already try it but after starting the samba services

Did you read this until the end?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#On_Samba_Active_Directory_DCs

On Samba Active Directory DCs

* Required only when updating from prior versions than 4.0.11 or 4.1.1:
Remove TLS .pem files, because they were exposed by insecure
permissions. They are re-created with correct permissions during the
next Samba startup

# rm /usr/local/samba/private/tls/*.pem

This is normally also written in the logs. I didn't saw it in yours. But
your log posting did not look like that it's all what is logged, when
you start 'samba' on your DC. Maybe you have multiple logfiles, if you
use e. g. 'log file = ...../%m.log'.

Regards,
Marc