[Samba] net rpc join fails with NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Tue Jun 17 05:42:13 MDT 2014

On 2014-06-17 13:07, Rory Shine wrote:
> After the join is attempted I am returned the following
>
> Could not initialise lsa pipe
> error looking up rid for user user$: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
> Unable to join domain xxxx.
>
> Running on freebsd 9.0 with samba-3.4.17
>
> I haven't seen much in the logs. Everything was working fine before a
> reboot

Try with "log level = 10" in your smb.conf, that *should* give some more
information. For whatever reason lots of critical errors are hidden at
log levels 5+...

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at