[Samba] net rpc join fails with NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

Rory Shine rory at spamtitan.com
Tue Jun 17 05:07:15 MDT 2014

After the join is attempted I am returned the following

Could not initialise lsa pipe
error looking up rid for user user$: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
Unable to join domain xxxx.

Running on freebsd 9.0 with samba-3.4.17

I haven't seen much in the logs. Everything was working fine before a reboot

LEGAL NOTICE This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.