[Samba] Best-practices - BIND9_FLATFILE/BIND9_DLZ or SAMBA_INTERNAL?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Jun 16 12:30:49 MDT 2014

Hello Jefferson,

Am 16.06.2014 20:21, schrieb Jefferson Davis:
> I keep seeing different approaches/recommendations as to
> which DNS services to utilize for an AD controller...
>
> what are your recommendations, and why?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Which_DNS_backend_should_I_choose.3F

The short answer: Start with the internal DNS. If you have some special
requirements it can't fulfil, simply switch to BIND_DLZ (see:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_DNS_backend).

A better recommendation we can give, if you tell us which tasks you
expect from your DNS. ;-)

Regards,
Marc