[Samba] Authentication problem with Windows client

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Mon Jun 16 10:44:25 MDT 2014

I successfully joined a device to our Samba domain some weeks ago. Auth,
both online and offline, worked fine.

Now suddenly it stopped working. The device is online, the DC is
reachable, and I can log into samba member servers on the network just
fine, but not into AD accounts on that device.

I could remove the device from the domain using my domain credentials,
but now I can't re-join, it again doesn't recognize any credentials.
Logon on other devices and LDAP login via web services still works fine
everywhere.

How the hell do I debug issues like this?

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at