[Samba] vfs_recycle and permissions

samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com
Mon Jun 16 01:51:00 MDT 2014

Hi,

many thanks for providing this patch, it looks very promising!
During my tests I've found a minor issue: ACLs which are defined
additionally to inherited ACLs don't seem to be honored. You should be
able to reproduce this by doing the following:
1) Assuming there is a share with some inheritable ACLs, lets say
\\share with ACL1 and ACL2
2) Create a test folder \\share\testDir and put a file into it:
\\share\testDir\test.txt
3) ACL1 and ACL2 will be inherited to testDir and test.txt
4) Now apply an additional inheritable ACL3 to testDir. testDir and
test.txt will now have ACL1, ACL2 and ACL3.
5) Now delete testDir. test.txt in the recycle repository will still
have ACL1, ACL2 and ACL3. However, testDir will just have ACL1 and
ACL2 instead of all three of them.

I'm looking forward to having this patch in an official stable release!

Best regards
Andreas

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Samuel Cabrero -
scabrero at zentyal.com