[Samba] How to manage users with encrypted passwords

Benjamin Rocton Benjamin.Rocton at upmf-grenoble.fr
Thu Jun 12 02:42:55 MDT 2014

Hello,

I set up Samba4 to replace our Samba3. I am having problems to populate
samba4 and automatically manage the lifecycle of users.
All of our users are already in an LDAP directory and I would like to
create a connector for "synchronised" LDAP users to Samba4.
I thought to develop a script that would use Python libraries of Samba-tool.

I have a problem to manage passwords.
I can not have access to user passwords in clear text. But I can have it
in any encrypted form.
Are there a solution to push a Hash password to Samba4? If yes, what
kind of Hash?

In addition, where are stored the passwords in Samba4? Only in the LDAP?
In kerberos? Elsewhere?
In what form?
I did not find any info on it.

Thank you for your help.