[Samba] Samba 4, ntlm_auth testing ...

Dirk Brenken dirk at brenken.org
Sun Jun 8 13:40:26 MDT 2014

Hi,

currently I've setup Samba 4 (sernet 4.1.8 on debian jessie)
successfully as an AD-Server ... domain logins from WIN-Clients etc. are
working quite fine.
No I'm testing ntlm_auth on cli for further SQUID integration ...

*wbinfo output:*
wbinfo -a PRAXISAD\\Administrator%xxxxxx
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

*ntlm_auth with basic helper output:*
root at praxis-server:/etc/squid3# ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic --domain=PRAXISAD
PRAXISAD\Administrator xxxxxx
*OK*

*ntlm_auth with ntlmssp helper output:*
root at praxis-server:/etc/squid3# ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp --domain=PRAXISAD
PRAXISAD\Administrator xxxxxx
*BH SPNEGO request invalid prefix*

*ntlm_auth with gss-spnego helper output:**
*root at praxis-server:/etc/squid3# ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=gss-spnego
--domain=PRAXISAD
PRAXISAD\Administrator xxxxxx
*BH SPNEGO request invalid prefix*

Any ideas what's going wrong here?