[Samba] share folders in BTRFS w/o having to retransfer back from a wind0ze computer

P.PRUETT ppruett-lists at webengr.com
Tue Jun 3 11:11:15 MDT 2014

 > You missed to include your smb.conf so we could see what is different
between your shares.
 > Is [netlogon] also on btrfs? Andrew Bartlett
Yes netlogon was on btrfs.

I beleive I followed the wiki properly for provisioning the dc then for
the shares.

I started over by redoing provision and some test mounted shares and
minimal changes
to the smb.conf that was generated,
    /usr/bin/samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive

I did something different and put two mounts under sysvol,
and yes when I ran samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
it recursively set acl on the under mounted file sytems...
and I could see them,
but I did not think we should be sharing under sysvol ?

And the example in the root file system, btrfs, but not under
sysvol has the same old problem, no access permission to change

I may be giving a wrong lead.. but doing ls -al, it seems that the unix
folders
and files are not set with an acl/xattr unless I put them under sysvol
and run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

What do you want me to try next?

----------
To show mounts and file system,

df -h / /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testext3 /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testbtrfs
/dev/sda1       391G  7.7G  383G   2% /
/dev/sdc1       230G   60M  218G   1% /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testext3
/dev/sdb3       1.5T  320K  1.5T   1% /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testbtrfs

mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
(rw,nosuid,size=1922332k,nr_inodes=480583,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
(rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=392800k,mode=755)
/dev/sda1 on / type btrfs (rw,relatime,space_cache)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=1519180k)
rpc_pipefs on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
/dev/sdc1 on /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testext3 type ext3
(rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb3 on /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testbtrfs type btrfs
(rw,relatime,space_cache)

( I changed XXX for organization name since this is a public list)
cat /etc/samb/smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = XXX
         realm = XXXXXXXXXXXXX.ORG
         netbios name = XXXSERVE
         dns forwarder = 172.16.101.254
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
### try it without
##interfaces = lo eth1 172.16.101.0/24 127.0.0.1
##vfs objects = dfs_samba4, acl_xattr, btrfs

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.org/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

[testbtrfs]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testbtrfs/folder
         read only = No

[testext3]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/testext3/folder
         read only = No

[testrootfs]
         path = /testrootfs/folder
         read only = No