[Samba] How to manage users with encrypted passwords

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu Jun 12 07:28:38 MDT 2014

How is the password in ldap ?

You can use in samba DC tools like ldbsearch and ldbmodify for password
part.
But this is dangerous (ldbmodify) and password must have the same
encryption.

Hope that you can do some tests before production

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

Benjamin Rocton <Benjamin.Rocton at upmf-grenoble.fr> wrote on 12/06/2014
15:13:40:

controlled____by
> > me_, I only need to use the information it contains to create the
right
> > users in my domain.
> > Another for samba3, with samba3 scheme. it will disappear when samba4
> > will be in production. Currently it is synchronized with the first
LDAP
> > through LDAP scripts homemade.I would like to reproduce this behavior
> > with samba4.
> >

> > Benjamin

> > > I think that you are being very clear.
> > >
> > > Lets see if I get this correct:
> > >
> > > You have extracted all your users, groups and computers from your
> > > openldap and by using 'classicupgrade', have inserted them into your

> > > new samba4 AD DC.
> > >
> > > You still want to use your openldap machine AND the new samba4 AD
dc,
> > > why?????
> > >
> > > If the upgrade went correctly, turn off the openldap machine, you do

> > > not need it anymore.
> > >
> > > Rowland

> > style_domain_to_AD%29

Samba4.