[Samba] How to manage users with encrypted passwords

Benjamin Rocton Benjamin.Rocton at upmf-grenoble.fr
Thu Jun 12 04:54:32 MDT 2014

Hi,

I do not really understand your question. What is the difference?
I thought samba4 was necessarily an emulation of an AD DC. This is not
the case?

I installed two Samba4 DC for tests:
- One with the "samba-tool domain provision" (server role "dc" ldap
internal).
- And another with "samba-tool domain samba3upgrade ..." to import the
data from the current Samba3.

The goal is to have a Samba4 AD DC.

I do not know if I answered the question. Sorry.

Benjamin