[Samba] Rsync with folder redirection from samba share

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 07:23:26 MDT 2014

Marc,

     Thanks for the reply. The share where folders are currently being
redirected are hosted on a Samba 4.1.7 AD DC.  I would like to rsync a
copy to another Samba 4.1.7 AD DC.  I will move this to a member server
down the road at some point. With that being said. I do not have "vfs
objects = acl_xattr" in my global or on the share. I verified using
"/samba-tool testparm -v" to see if it was a default option.  A few
questions:

 1. Do I need to use " vfs objects = acl_xattr" if the share is on a AD
    DC or is this only applicable on member servers?
 2. Does "vfs objects = acl_xattr" need to be on the source, destination
    or both shares?

Thanks

--
-James