[Samba] limit samba page cache in linux

ajay kanala ajaykanala321 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 00:57:04 MDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:

> Am 08.06.2014 09:37, schrieb ajay kanala:
> >> I am using linux kernel 3.10.12 (mips) on my embedded router box with
> >> samba server version: 3.0.24
> >
> > Any pointers?
>

> Normally I would first advice to upgrade to a Samba version that isn't 7
> years old. But as this is a embedded system, the situation is a bit
> different.
>
> Yes, :) . Just worked perfectly for us so far so we didnt think of
changing it.

> Kai Blin had a good presentation about Samba on 盜ervers and the
> problems with recent Samba versions this year at the SambaXP:
>
> http://sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/SambaXP2014-AUDIO/thu/track1/sambaxp2014-thu-track1-Kai_Blin-uSamba-ScalingSambaDowntoMicroServers.mp3
>
> http://sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/SambaXP2014-DATA/thu/track1/Kai_Blin-Samba-ScalingSambaDowntoMicroServers.pdf
>

> Do you have the possibility to put a new Samba version on the box (maybe
> cross-compile)? What hardware is in your router?
>
> We are using MIPS based 34kc ethernet to wifi router. I couldnt cross
compile the latest available one ( too many compilation issues which i need
to figure out). Meanwhile one of my colleague stepped back to version 3.6.5
(we didnt face any compilation issues on this one) and the behavior was
same ( buffers keep growing ). I will keep you posted if i am able to
compile the latest one.

Regards
Ajay