[Samba] Duplicate IP address for different Host A record / Internal DNS

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:58:19 MDT 2014

     Hello,

     Using Samba 4.1.7 on Ubuntu 12.04. It appears that I have duplicate
Host A records with the same IP but with different host names. It looks
as if when a host registers with an IP it doesn't delete or update the
existing record. Is this a known issue or can I set the zone to scavenge
stale records? I receive an error when attempting using the Microsoft
DNS tools. I see in Samba log file "
../source4/dns_server/dns_utils.c:282(dns_replace_records)  Deleting
record failed; 50" I guess it's trying to delete the record but failing?
Thanks.

--
-James