[Samba] Samba 4.1.6 - Unable to domain join a Windows machine using default account (non-admin) to my samba domain - Access Denied Error

Lexi Wright lexiwright1788 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:33:28 MDT 2014

Hello Mark,

I verified that the feature has not been turned off here and I haven't
exceeded the limit for the account. So, the following are the steps I
followed:

1. Provisioned a Samba domain on a linux machine.
2. Domain joined a Windows machine to the above domain using the Domain
admin account.
3. Launched ADUC and created a few users they belong to the group Domain
User)
4. Tried to domain join another Windows machine using one of the accounts
created in (3)

At step 4, encountered an "access denied" error. I also verified that this
wasn't happening in MS AD.

I increased the log level to 10 and tried debugging and figured out the
access check algorithm was returning an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

Do you think this can be possible a bug in Samba ? Looks like there was a
fix a few months ago for incorrectly handling of privileges in the method
sec_access_check_ds():

http://marc.info/?l=samba-technical&m=138235540825109&w=2

Thanks,
Lexi