[Samba] Samba 4 / idmap / NIS / winbind

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jun 8 03:32:52 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-07 at 20:06 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Vogel, Sven
> <Sven.Vogel at kupper-computer.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > how can i get work Samba 4 Sernet 4.1.7 correctly with NIS. Ist provisioned with rfc2307.
>
> What is your base OS.? It profoundly affects the availability, and how
> to most easily configure, tools like NIS and sssd.

Hi
I think as long as sssd builds against whatever it is, that is
sufficient. e.g. for users, the ad backend needs simply:
uidNumber
gidNumber
and then whatever the OP needs from:
loginShell
unixHomeDirectory
gecos
under the DN.

You can add those using samba-tool or windows.

The only gotcha is that domain groups which users are a member thereof
must also contain the:
gidNumber
attribute.

The sssd configuration is minimal: