[Samba] Recommended howto/guide for installing samba4 on ubuntu 12.04?

Jefferson Davis jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us
Fri Jun 6 11:06:10 MDT 2014

Most of what I've found involves installing from source, which I'm not opposed to for a pilot install but for production I would rather use the distro packages or sernet.

Or is this nuts/shortighted/ignorant?

At any rate, I'm looking for a good guide for getting it set up as an AD controller, and then migrating my existing samba3+openLDAP+autofs setup to the new platform. Having too many issues trying to get win7/8 clients to play nice with samba3.

Samba by example is what I used for my existing environment, great, phenomenal guide, but there does not seem to be anything analogous for Samba4.

Thanks very very much,

-Jeff

--

Jefferson K Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager

District Users: Click here to report technology issues