[Samba] Slow transfers when using a linux-based client vs Windows client

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Thu Jun 5 20:41:48 MDT 2014

Re sending as it appears my message was dropped the first time around

> Hey,
> I've got a performance issue when transferring files from a Samba
4.1.6-Debian server. When using a Debian client, I get around 4.5 megabytes
per second, but when using a Windows (8) client I get around 21 megabytes
per second!

> Any idea what would be causing this massive discrepancy?
>
> Compressed pcapng files are at
https://mega.co.nz/#F!W5IygDzS!2bIAxA3tOpEvvgQf1HForw - they'll unpack to
around 500 megabytes each.

> I'm fairly sure I filtered these well but please let me know if I've
managed to post my credentials in these files... although the shares I was
testing with were guest/anonymous allowed.