[Samba] Migrate from one server (samba3) to a new one (samba4)

André Guilhon andre at meninojesus.com.br
Thu Jun 5 13:26:45 MDT 2014

Hey guys,
I'm thinking of installing a fresh version of samba 4, into a fresh server.
I've read the docs, I know I should use samba-tool with classic upgrade
option and stuff. The fact is that my original server is almost dead (not
really, but..), and using ldapsam as Password backend and I want to migrate
it to a new server using AD, and could not find how to do it!
As a matter of fact, I would only need to migrate the users! Is there a way
to do it? I saw I can use a different network interface, but could not find
a way to change the original server! Any thoughts on that?

Thank you!

*André Guilhon*
Tecnologia da Informação

*(48) 3251.1915 / 8416.0050andre at meninojesus.com.br