[Samba] Few questions about members

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Jun 5 13:18:55 MDT 2014

On 6/5/2014 3:05 PM, steve wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 14:45 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:
> .
>> Unfortunately, we still have no access to the shares on the member
>> server, either from a network neighborhood or the administrative tools
>> on a windows machine. We get "permission denied" from any method we try
>> to use or update the share.
>>
>> For now, I've got 777 permissions on the folder.
>>
>> I'm just so hopelessly lost on this.
>>
>> steve
> network neighbourhood doesn't works against a dc.
Trying to use/mount/do anything with a share on a member server.

> What stage are we at:
> klist -k
]# klist -k
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
klist: No such file or directory while starting keytab scan

This occurs on both AD and member. Not sure which I should run it on.

> net ads testjoin -UAdministrator
On the member:
# net ads testjoin -UAdministrator
Join is OK