[Samba] Floating IP using heartbeat

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Jun 5 12:54:20 MDT 2014

A second set of servers we're working on. In this scenario, we've will
have two DCs and want to use heartbeat to move the IP from one server to
the other in the event of unwanted shutdown or stoppage.

The problem is that to install heartbeat by rpm, resource-agents is
required, which in turn requires some samba rpms. We've used the source
to compile samba, so anything that requires samba dependencies might
just mess up the compilation.

I see where there are other methods to effect what we're wanting to do.

I'm up for suggestions here.

steve campbell