[Samba] Few questions about members

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Jun 5 12:45:39 MDT 2014

On 6/5/2014 12:15 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:

> On 6/5/2014 11:47 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> No, I'm running this on the member server. The wiki page is a little
>>> unclear there, just stating to run the command on "your server".
>>
>> Yes, this is a bit misleading, it really should say, 'your samba 4 AD
>> server', what you could try is:
>>
>> /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc rights grant -I <ipaddress of your samba
>> server> TS\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator
>>
>> Rowland
>
> And this worked.
> Thanks
> steve
>>

>>> We've run that command successfully on the AD previously.
>>>
>>> When continuing on with the wiki page, and using the Windows admin
>>> tools, we can see the server but when we try to "manage" the
>>> permissions, we get a messagebox that indicates we don't have
>>> permissions to change anything.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Unfortunately, we still have no access to the shares on the member
server, either from a network neighborhood or the administrative tools
on a windows machine. We get "permission denied" from any method we try
to use or update the share.

For now, I've got 777 permissions on the folder.

I'm just so hopelessly lost on this.

steve