[Samba] Problems after PC is joined to the domain - Samba 4

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Thu Jun 5 09:18:59 MDT 2014

This may not be helpfull as I may not have understood everything being
said. But it is possible to get a dns server (bind on Solaris in our
case) to delegate to the dns server on a domain controller.

In our case we have our realm the same as our dns domain (this is a
very old mistake). In our zone file for adi.com we first have all
of our normal soa, ns, mx and A records and then we have:

; For Microsoft domain controller (currently controller).
; Let's just delegate to controller
;
_msdcs          in      ns      controller.adi.com.
_sites          in      ns      controller.adi.com.
_tcp            in      ns      controller.adi.com.
_udp            in      ns      controller.adi.com.

This seems to work well.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com