[Samba] Win7 login sloooooow

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Thu Jun 5 08:26:44 MDT 2014

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:

> I also noticed that Win 7 logins seemed longer than XP, but not excessively
> so.

Everything takes longer in Win 7 :-(

> Part of that was that the login scripts and some other things ran before
> the user saw the desktop.

It has to be this way. The login script could modify the registry to set a
new desktop location (via folder redirection), so the script has to run
before the desktop can be displayed. It was this way in XP as well,
although XP didn't get it right in that it didn't always wait for the
script to finish.

Steve