[Samba] Win7 login sloooooow

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:10:34 MDT 2014

I also noticed that Win 7 logins seemed longer than XP, but not
excessively so.  Part of that was that the login scripts and some other
things ran before the user saw the desktop.   I recently set up a
Windows 2008 R2  member server for remote desktop and found the network
logins were REALLY slow. Even tho I did not have roaming profiles
enabled, I had to make a registry change as well.       This is with
samba 3.    I don't know if it is a Samba but or Windows bug, or just
some interplay of the two.

That doesn't really answer your question -  I think it is just a known
issue and your solution is the appropriate one.