[Samba] Win7 login sloooooow

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 04:43:44 MDT 2014

Hi,

I found that login to Samba4 PDC takes few seconds in XP, but very long
in Win7.

The Login in Win7 is fast when setting this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"WaitForNetwork"=dword:00000001

If I set it to 1, the login takes about 3 seconds. If I set it to 90
(decimal), then the login takes more than 90 seconds. Setting it to 0
means using the default, which is 30 seconds.

But this parameter is supposed to affect only roaming profiles, and I
have roaming profiles disabledi (logon path set to empty)!

Should I report this as bug?

Klaus