[Samba] SAMBA & CTDB Configuration Issue using LDAP as back end.

Wed Jun 4 02:48:32 MDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 04:30:10AM -0400, Gerry George wrote:
> I think it is CTDB doing the modification, as it inserts the following stub
> at the top of the smb.conf file, which includes the troublesome "passdb
> backend" line:
>
> # CTDB-RA: Begin auto-generated section (do not change below)
> passdb backend = tdbsam
>  clustering = yes
> idmap backend = tdb2
> ctdbd socket = /var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket
>  fileid:algorithm = fsid
> # CTDB-RA: End auto-generated section (do not change above)

ctdb itself does not do this, this is a vendor modification.
Probably it's in some of the scripts shipped by your vendor.
Please talk to your vendor why tdbsam is the only supported
configuration for you.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de