[Samba] Samba 4.x binding to an LDAP Server as a standalone server.

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Wed Jun 4 02:25:20 MDT 2014

On 10:18:34 wrote Danilo Mussolini:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> This is starting to be clear.
> I figured out my problem was exclusively related to one group. All
> other groups, or the new ones I have created worked fine. No
> permission issues. So I can say this is working to me now.
> But, it seems to not be the right way to work with a LDAP backend.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Danilo

I believe you have a duplicate entry in ldap: o2pos

search for user/machine account and group name o2pos

Try this:
ldapsearch -xLLL '(|(uid=o2pos)(uid=o2pos$)(cn=o2pos))' dn

if more then one entry is found, you have doubles, if only cn=o2pos is
returned, the group definition is wrong.

--

Gruss
	Harry Jede